Latest Post

Al-Shabaab oo ka digay boob lala damcsanyahay hantida Soomaaliyeed, digniina u diray shirkado iyo Bangiyo. Al-Shabaab oo sheegtay in ay 87 askar iyo saraakiil ah ku dishay qaraxyadii Maxaas [Bayaan].

MOGADISHU (Somaliguardian) – Somalia’s State Minister of Foreign Affairs Ali Mohamed Omar said on Wednesday there was an obstacle in the way of returning thousands of troops who have been missing since completing military training in Eritrea.

In an interview with VOA Somali, the official stated that the government was still searching for funds and sent requests to a number of partner nations asking for financial assistance that would enable it to return the soldiers and equip them.

“As the President had earlier promised, those troops will be returned, but their relocation needs large amounts of money, vehicles, military bases, and equipment with which they would fight,” the Somali State Minister of Foreign Affairs said.

Earlier, local media reported that Eritrea had demanded that Somali authorities pay $50 million if the soldiers were to be returned home. The Somali government has repeatedly denied the reports.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.